Chilly, fall weather is finally here, which means it’s officially soup season & cold/flu season. I made this delicious soup over the weekend, it’s super easy to make. I added bone broth to the recipe for it’s many benefits!
Did you know that bone broth has many health benefits including:
Good for the Gut.
Helps maintain healthy skin
Supports immune system function
Aids the metabolism
RUSTIC BUTTERNUT SQUASH SAUSAGE SOUP
1 butternut squash cubed
1 cup diced yellow onion
6 cups bone broth
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
fresh ground pepper to taste
2 cloves of garlic
1 red pepper diced
1 pound italian sausage
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. In a large stockpot (I used a dutch oven) over medium heat, sautee diced onion, garlic & peppers in olive oil for about 5 minutes.
2. Add italian sausage, break apart & cook until no longer pink.
3. Add 6 cups organic chicken broth, butternut squash, salt & bring to low boil.
4. Reduce to simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes or until squash is soft.
5. Use potato masher or similar device to mash butternut a bit. Add freshly ground pepper to taste. Serve with yummy biscuits (we had it with cornbread) and enjoy!!
Need more recipe inspiration? Check out some of my favorite recipes:
Once you try the recipe I would love it if you would stop back by and leave your thoughts in the comments!