The Fueled and Free Podcast
S2 Ep. 2: Mold Exposure and Mold Toxicity Symptoms, Detoxing from Mold, and Getting to the Root Cause with Nicole Ritter
Mold Exposure and Mold Toxicity Symptoms, Detoxing from Mold, and Getting to the Root Cause with Nicole Ritter
episode 17 show notes
I’m very excited to have my friend and colleague, Nicole Ritter, on the podcast today!
Nicole Ritter is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner (FDN-P), board certified holistic health practitioner, certified holistic nutritionist, and certified health and life coach. Yes, she’s definitely got a LOT of credentials, and is truly a wealth of knowledge!
Nicole likes to refer to herself as a self-proclaimed health detective, and she’s an expert when it comes to all things mold. Mold exposure and mold toxicity are massive contributors to many different health issues – especially, chronic inflammation, digestive issues, hormonal imbalances, autoimmune conditions and more.
in this episode about mold exposure and mold toxicity, and getting to the root cause, we cover:
- Nicole’s history of dealing with multiple health issues as a child + her personal experience with mold
- Important signs and symptoms to look for if you suspect mold is causing you issues
- What to do if/when you find mold in your environment
- How mold in your food can impact your health
- Actionable steps to take if you’re concerned about mold exposure, and specific testing you can do
- How you can best support your body and health if you can’t immediately remove yourself from your ‘moldy’ environment
- What can happen if you don’t do a specific mold detox or protocol after being exposed, and you’re in a mold-free environment
- Key markers to look for on an HTMA and GI map to indicate mold
- What optimal support can look like during a detox and drainage period, and why this is important to do BEFORE starting a mold or gut protocol
- How long a mold protocol will typically last + what to do if you’re not responding well to the protocol
- Your best options for testing your house for mold
- Navigating difficult conversations with partners who aren’t on board with/don’t believe in mold exposure
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Nicole on Instagram
- Learn more about working with Nicole at https://www.nicoleritterhealth.com/
- Connect with me on Instagram @margaretannpowell
- For questions or suggestions about the podcast, send us an email at email@example.com
More about the Fueled & Free Podcast:
Hosted by Margaret Powell, a Holistic Nutritionist, The Fueled & Free Podcast is a women’s health podcast that helps you cut through the noise of the wellness world, ditch diet culture & reclaim your metabolism.
Informative and relatable wisdom + guidance for the everyday woman, we cover topics on nutrition, hormones, gut health, thyroid health, nervous system regulation tools, motherhood, and more.New episodes release every Wednesday! Connect with Margaret on Instagram @margaretannpowell or email firstname.lastname@example.org.To learn more about working with Margaret, head to https://margaretpowell.com.
Lots of Love,
Hair tissue mineral testing was developed in the 1970's by Dr's Eck and Watts. I personally became fascinated with hair tissue mineral testing in an effort to address my own health issues. I had all the classic signs of hypothyroid and unfortunately was not getting...
There is absolutely nothing fun about hair loss. That experience of washing your hair in the shower, or brushing your hair before bed, and having clumps of hair fall out, it just downright stinks. I experienced significant hair loss after both pregnancies, and then...
Chasing symptoms. That feeling of knowing something isn’t quite right but not knowing how to troubleshoot. Late night searching on google after a long day of work for answers. I was in this vicious cycle when I learned about tracking basal body temperature. It was...
Ever feel wired and tired? The feeling of laying down to go to sleep and you’re just so darn exhausted yet you can’t, for the life of you, fall asleep. You lay wide awake, your brain is going a million miles an hour, and you’re trying to force it to just STOP THINKING so you can for the love, go to sleep.
A raw carrot a day… could it really be the golden ticket to a more balanced body? According to Dr. Ray Peat, a biologist who specializes in hormone and metabolic health, the raw carrot is an affordable, easy-to-implement functional food that can improve many hormonal woes such as estrogen dominance.
You know what’s the worst? When you’re about to get your period and you have a jam-packed schedule or a looming deadline and all you want to do is take a nap. Maybe you’re tired and overwhelmed or you’re experiencing that hormonal brain fog.
Optimize your productivity, energy, fitness and nutrition with cycle syncing. It helps you tune in to your hormonal fluctuations!
Not sure if you’re ovulating? Read this post for 4 signs to help you track your body’s ovulation!
Do you deal with decision fatigue when it comes to planning dinner?Me too friend! Read this blog post for my tips & tricks & ideas on how to approach meal planning for the week!
I used to be a TOTAL gym rat. I lived for 60+ minute HIIT / Bootcamp style workouts and am such a sucker for closing those rings on my apple watch. The more calories I would burn, and the higher my heart rate climbed, the more I felt I was doing my body "good". Until...
Kombucha has many health benefits including supporting one’s gut health, aids in weight loss, digestion, strengthens immune system, fights chronic diseases and so much more.
Have some berries that are about to spoil? This muffin recipe is so easy to make, it’s kid-friendly! Sub out strawberries for blueberries, you can also substitute fresh for frozen too!
We are on our second full week of COVID-19 quarantine, no school, non-essential businesses closed, life completely disrupted. Although it’s been quite the adjustment for everyone and we’re all anxious and fearful for the pandemic that is Coronavirus, I’m grateful that I can be home with my kids during this time.
Our attempt at homeschooling has been … interesting. I wish I had words of wisdom or could share a routine or regimen that’s been working, but really, we are in survival mode. Lots of grace, choosing to not fight every battle and doing things together that we enjoy, one of them is baking!
I used to think eating “clean” had more to do with not eating too many calories and avoiding “bad” foods. I was the girl that ate a big salad for lunch every single day, avoided “treats” at all cost during the week and followed rules like: No eating after...