We are kicking off our fourth week of no school / COVID-19 quarantine and I’m grateful we had spring weather this past weekend. I find my mood and energy is majorly impacted by the weather lately, and after many rainy, dreary days last week we finally had a nice clip of sunshine and warm temperatures.
The kids spent a lot of time outdoors: fishing, biking, bubbles/sidewalk chalk, and Leona snipped some spring daffodils for me. I did some spring cleaning/purging, started a new book and tried this new baking recipe. I’m not someone that does a ton of baking, I’d much rather whip up an awesome dinner, but this recipe is DEFINITELY a keeper.
Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose baking mix I used King Arthur Flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or oil of choice
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries could use frozen or blueberries instead!
- cinnamon sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Grease 9 wells of a muffin tin or line muffin tin with liners.
- Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk melted butter/oil, eggs, milk and vanilla in a bowl.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Make sure to scrape down sides of bowl to fully combine. Get rid of any lumps!
- Fold in strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups almost full. Then sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.
- Let muffins sit in pan for 10 minutes and then bake at 350 for 20-24 minutes. Muffins are done when you’ve inserted a toothpick, and toothpick comes out clean!
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer from muffin tin to a rock to cool.